PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Arabian Airlines Beware and true Facts
Old 18th May 2016, 18:41
alloha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ULR777

Don't know if you fly for Saudia but some of your comments are totally wrong.

1) yes they have their way in doing things. I guess you have your own way in your house (don't forget,it's their company 70 years old. It's not a company based and run by expat managers with 15-20 years of establishment). Really if u didn't know that before you join SV then it's all your fault

2)yes there is no guidance for getting your id and iqamas etc but it's a no brainier .within 2-3 days you got everything you need .as you said people are friendly and helpful

3) I don't know what is your bank but with Saudia's certificate I had my account opened and cash cards and credit cards issued within one hour. After one year you are eligible for a loan with 1% interest

4) Training it's all about acting. Many average people checked on line because of the right attitude. Make them feel important use a lot of "YES SIR " "YOU ARE RIGHT SIR" (even if he is not ) and everything will be ok. On the other hand I know some excellent pilots who failed cause they did the exact opposite thing. They tried to demonstrate their knowledge,criticized the system etc etc and they got axed
Training syllabus was followed 100% . Line training instructors are very experienced and 90% of them are very easy come easy going people.Again it's a little bit of acting.
Yes training takes a long but you still got your salary and you are free to go back home. I did it 3 times
5) housing is the biggest problem.the waiting list is approaching 150 people now and there people with almost a year in the company that still live in the hotel

All in all if you got respect in their way of living and their habits and you are an average actor during training u got very good chances of get your self in line