PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fatness Test
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2016, 09:21
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Fitness-wise, the blue thinking seems reasonable. I'm not sure about the green extension. I think we'll see more failures from the guys that now stretch their 6-monthly fitness prep out to a year.
Absolutely. Frankly, and based only on personal observation but I suspect not inaccurately so, there are an awful lot of individuals who are technically 'fit' in that they have reached the required standard, but it's quite apparent from the state they are in that they are far from fit and achieving the absolute bare minimum has been a herculean effort involving a good 10 minute breather to recover between each element.

Whilst I'm definitely no gym queen, personal pride and having spent a large chunk of my career in the SH community, an understanding of the benefits of being properly fit seems to be lacking in many and this won't do anything to improve overall effectiveness of the Force. Give it a couple of years and I suspect we'll be back to more regular testing when the failure rate shoots up.