PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion to other SEPs (no differences)
Old 17th May 2016, 19:59
ACW599

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
>Depends a bit on the experience of the person, ideally with the experience here I would start with a differences brief - speeds, w&b etc. then send them out to sit in the cockpit for ten minutes or so just to sit and have a look, I would then go out and go through the cockpit with them before launching into the local area for a bit of gh - stalls, steep turns & pfl, this gives them a chance to get used to the aircraft before back in the circuit with a minimum of four circuits - normal, flapless, glide and short field (ideally with a stop go in there somewhere for a short field TO). This can be done in about 40 mins with someone who is good but low hour pilots will probably need a few more circuits.<

The only thing I'd add to that is a walk round the aircraft to look at items which might be different from their previous type -- e.g. where the fuel drains are, where the pressure head is, what additional covers there might be, what 'tabs' fuel looks like -- and also an avionics brief if required. If the person is going from a C152 or similar type with twin doors to a PA28 with one or a Tecnam with a canopy, we also discuss the best way to get out in a hurry.