PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 17th May 2016, 18:34
Colibri49

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
industry insider

Your response "You can ask as many times as you like but I don't think you are going to find that answer on here anytime soon, probably until the report is issued." is undeniable and my question has always been largely rhetorical, because short of someone close to the investigation giving out this kind of information, I never really expected a direct answer.

However if that Norwegian EC225 gearbox had been making even the slightest metal particles from the epicyclics or mast area, then it must be in the engineering records. With the tragedy of REDL fresh in people's minds, there's no way that the aircraft would have been allowed to continue operating and Airbus Helicopters would very likely be insisting that all EC225 and Mk2 types remain grounded. They're not, at least that's not how their announcements seem to me.

While I wouldn't want to see any rush to get Super Puma types back into service before as much certainty as possible has been reached, "letmein" has a point in his submission above.