PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA CAA Class 1 renewal having had Podiatry sessions
Old 17th May 2016, 16:41
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA CAA Class 1 renewal having had Podiatry sessions

Hi guys,

** I've tried contacting AMEs and none are available for comment unless you book an appointment so I'm trying here... as a long shot in the inteirm **

I've got my class 1 renewal on 31st May. I'm not currently flying, but am joining CTC in August. I previously achieved unrestricted medical status with no issues but over the last 6 months i've taken up a fair bit more running and also work in an airport that sees me walk 10-15km per day.

This causes some aches in my right knee.. so off I went to the podiatrist. He's given me some insoles and on a follow up appointment seems to think that it's retraining my glutei muscles to walk in the correct posture.

Now.. with Podiatry technically coming under the musculoskeletal category, would having had such a session or two render a renewal failure? As I know AMEs require evidence I have asked the podiatrist to provide a treatment summary which arrived today. It actually mentions that he sees a full recovery and has already witnessed improvement.

What are your thoughts-- perhaps there are some AMEs on here who may be able to answer? My gut tells me it probably won't be an issue as it's not permanent.. but who knows..

Thanks to anyone who can help,