PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 08:50
Newcomer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atlanticjet
We have a bunch of guys living in downtown Tokyo ! The rest are split between Narita town and the Excel Hotel. With the Excel jacking up the rates and making it more restrictive, it seems like more and more of the guys are heading out to town/city. For the guys in Tokyo it seems like it's not an issue as long as you plan accordingly especially with regards to train/bus schedules. Times between rotations in Tokyo on average seem to be +- 24 hrs. On occasion you'll get min rest like 12hrs, but that's not very common. In any case if it's tight just crash at the Excel for the night .

With regards to the 787, they are coming, but absolutely no one has any clue as to how it will be staffed, what destinations, how many airframes and most importantly how much $$ will be on offer to fly them. Lots of rumors, but nothing concrete at this point ! Use caution !
Hello!
Assuming you don't choose the hotel option when in Tokyo, I'm just wondering how hard it is to rent a place on your own if you don't have a resident visa?
I have spent a few hours reading this amazing thread. I understand this is a commuting contract and there is no residence visa for you and your wife. My plan would be to rent a place in Tokyo during my ON days, where my wife could stay (as a tourist), and we would travel around Asia during my OFF days. Does it sound feasible?

I'm currently flying in the sandpit and looking for a better lifestyle (more than 2 days off in a row and less than 90h/month)...