PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Jetstar Tailstike at YMML
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 01:50
Ollie Onion

Received 219 Likes on 75 Posts
Madame Bandit,

You say you have a group of 40 sources inside the airline who forward you photo's of tech logs, MEL's etc..... WHY? Would your sources not be better to send this sort of stuff or concerns to the regulator. I would ask again, what is your interest in it, I for one don't give a toss what goes on in my mates airlines and certainly wouldn't think it appropriate to receive that sort of information.

You seem to have detailed info on applications made to other airlines and you assume that this equates to 66 individuals who want to leave, how do you know it is not 15 pilots who have applied to all three with a few other chucked in. Do you seriously need an explanation as to why a young cadet with a couple of thousand Airbus hours would jump at the chance to leave a LCC not only work for their National airline and enter as a Direct Entry A320 FO.

I think the advise you need to give you sources is that they need to put in applications elsewhere as they are clearly not happy at Jetstar, they could do everyone a favour and go elsewhere. I spent over a decade flying in the Northern Hemisphere for a Legacy carrier and can honestly say that as with all airlines Jetstar has its issues but they are more than acceptable in order for me to have a job at home, not once have I ever felt threatened as you say Jetstar pilots are, maybe I have been lucky, maybe you are talking s$&t who would know.

Also, if you keep calling me sweetie or honey I am going to feel like I need to buy you a drink or something. :-)

Last edited by Ollie Onion; 17th May 2016 at 01:53. Reason: Add