PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have a copy of the Coalition's Aviation Policy?
Old 17th May 2016, 00:34
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the Coalition's Aviation Policy?

I haven’t seen one as yet.

However, here is a copy of the letter I sent on Wednesday 4th May to the current Infrastructure and Transport Minister, the Hon Darren Chester MP.

Dear Minister,

The Measured Approach to Aviation Reform from the Coalition 2010 Election Policy Paragraphs 20 and 21 relevantly provide;

“20. Revitalising the General Aviation Action Agenda
General aviation involves small aircraft undertaking roles such as charter and business flights, aerial-medical services, commercial and private pilot training, sports and recreational pursuits and various aerial work such as agriculture and surveying. The Coalition will review current tax arrangements to determine if incentives can be established to replace ageing aircraft. It will work with the industry to address the burden of regulatory changes and compliance, without compromising safety.
We will revitalise the General Aviation Action Agenda and establish a regular dialogue with the general aviation sector to address industry issues.
21. Pilot Training
The Coalition Government will establish Australia as a global leader in flight training. The Coalition will appoint a Trade Representative for Services. This Representative and the Australian Trade Commission will be tasked to promote Australia's pilot training services around the world.”

Would the above two paragraphs be able to be reinserted back into the policy for the next election?

I think it would be a great idea and beneficial to Australia.

I point out that these two paragraphs were removed from your policy document before the last election
.”

Last edited by Dick Smith; 17th May 2016 at 00:47.