PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Dreaded Hi-viz vest
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2003, 03:58
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the recent club newsletter, the same has apparently been decreed at Sherburn. I haven't been down there since, so I don't know if people are actaully taking notice, but I really hope not. Anyone been recently?

No - the jackets are not expensive, not particularly uncomfortable, but also completley unnecessary! I could understand this if there had been an accident, or even a very slight chance of a near miss even, but as far as I am aware there has been no such incident to prompt this. Perhaps when the shorter nights come and we resume night flying there may then be an excuse.

Anyway, I won't ne wearing one, and if I'm challenged too often, will take my £80/hour elsewhere. Sorry, because this probably isn't the clubs fault, but it's them that will lose out. Perhaps more of us should make a stand on this kind of thing instead of just moaning.

Does anybody have a copy of the CAA recommendation? I'd like to get hold of the study/recearch they've done (if any) to back this up. Just how many lives per year do they predict it'll save? And how much did it cost?