PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Torque rise phenomenon
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2016, 00:37
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFT thanks
Quoting myself : "The H130 has Pedal Position sensors (or transducers) and alters it's Nr because of the inputs recieved therefrom. The offical reason is some nonsense about being quieter (and it is very quiet), but the real reason is likely to be to produce more TR thrust in the hover. " (The H130 is in fact an AS350B4)

JE: normally a considered poster, I am hurt that you read it that way. Have you actually followed Crabs doubt that this occurs, then his confusion about it being a YAW sensor rather than a PEDAL POSITION sensor (also a transducer, not relevant), his insistance that I had got it wrong about being a transducer, when infact this sensor is (almost always) a transducer (most are, and this one is), and now he's still trying to say it's about noise (which is the marketing line) but it is obviously more to do with needing more Yaw authority in the hover. You feel free to back that horse, but I don't see the more technically correct part. And what are you saying about knowing my experience, you should not be able to, this is an anonymous forum, but if you did, which I doubt, then you would know that I have about twice the flying time (to name but one fairly unimportant yard stick) of crab, so I think it is fair to make the 'relative' qualification, in conjunction with how wrong he has been just on this thread alone. and megan, (rather questionable family car), "prat", well thanks!

I different Nr gives an additional problem in a helicopter with tuned anti vibration devices of not being in tune at both frequencies (a problem addressed in the H130T2), maybe crab will expand for JE?

Last edited by AnFI; 16th May 2016 at 00:39. Reason: to add rolleyes !!