PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question regarding training on modern aircraft
Old 15th May 2016, 13:27
JB57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question regarding training on modern aircraft

Hi All
This is my first post and have a couple of questions that I would like some advice on especially from those who have done similar. I have recently finished my ATPLs and I am currently hour building and am considering where to do my CPL/IR.
I am thinking that I would like to do it on Modern Glass Cockpit Aircraft so the Diamond Aircraft comes to mind as it seems to get good reviews. One thing that bothers me is am I right in saying that the DA42 only has two levers that control the power and pitch ie the pitch is all done automatically for you is this a disadvantage when trying to get a job ? Obviously you could do differences training on a conventional Twin.
Also speaking about Diamond Aircraft there is only a few places you can do this in the UK and I also notice on this forum that someone has mentioned Diamond Flight Academy in Kalmar my second question is it a disadvantage to do you training outside of the UK if you are looking for a job with a UK Regional Airline, would you be at a disadvantage when it came to getting a interview assuming you were lucky enough to get one ?
I also had thought about Tayside Aviation as they have a G1000 Tecnam Twin

Many thanks for you thoughts and feedback PM if you like