PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 15th May 2016, 09:11
foswillruletheworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@dignified
Many right comments about so many things except the Kurdish thing.
There is not a country called Kurdistan, so you cannot hold a passport which is assigned to Kurdish people. Kurdish is not an official country(yet) but just a race.
There are minimum 10 million Kurdish who are living within the borders of Republic of Turkey. All of them have got Turkish national identification and Turkish passports(of course people who hasn't applied for a passport doesn't have one)
Since your race is not written on neither of them, you cannot identify a Kurdish. There are so many of them married and having kids with other races living in Turkish Republic that you cannot even imagine.
60-70% of the parliament of the Republic of Turkey is Kurdish race somehow(either son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter of a Kurd). 19th prime minister ,then 8th president of Turkish Republic is Kurdish(look him up: Turgut Ozal). Under these circumstances it is clearly impossible to ignore or not recruit a Kurd in this region.
There are many military pilots in the Turkish Air Force whose mother or father is Kurdish, after retiring they go to Turkish Airlines and other companies in Turkey. Have flown with a lot of them and they are in general kind and professional.
I strongly suggest that you get your facts straight and do not rely on what other people tell you since you are one click away from Google. Other things you say are mostly true but this racist comment you did really irritated me, with many other people in this forum.
We have got bunch of cabin crew in all of the airline companies in Turkey, coming from Diyarbakir. This is a city where Kurdish population is more than 50% of the total population. I think the last number was around 70%.
I hope you apologize after reading this post and make your research for that racist comment of yours.