PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tamworth industry rally - friday 6 may 2016
Old 15th May 2016, 07:08
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oz,
You must be kidding??

We have just has the ASRR.

Over the years was have had an inquiry about annually, including a number of Royal Commissions, I think Seaview was the last. I have personally read every report from "Lane" on, and virtually all the transcripts of Morris, Seaview and Monarch. I attended 20+ sitting days of Morris.
The Morris Inquiry was the longest Commonwealth inquiry since Federation.

It is a testimony to the resilience of the "Iron Ring" that it has remained impervious to all of the above ---- why would more time wasting on an inquiry by Glen Stevens ( a good bloke, by the way, and his father was a QF Flight Engineer) make the slightest difference.
The Iron Ring is so effective that it got rid of Leroy Keith. when Leroy started making real change --- he was "set up".

In my opinion, Mr. Skidmore has been captured by the Iron Ring, and sadly, Geoff Boyd and the Board are precluded from any real control.

Tootle pip!!

PS: The PAP/CASA Review Part 91 was completed in 1998 (not long after CASR Parts 21-35 went into law). it was actually a little bit shorter than the FAA or NZ equivalents. I still have a hard copy somewhere.It was blocked by then Iron Ring.

Last edited by LeadSled; 15th May 2016 at 07:59.