PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2016, 22:13
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't hold up press reports as any clear indication Bombardier aren't planning on or haven't already trademarked the CS500. I know what's been reported in the press, Bombardier know what customers are asking for and while the finances aren't supportive of a 500 series today, I can wait to see how the future unfolds, and I believe the CS500 will one day be rolled out.
That said, Bombardier has yet to run to the WTO to protest (lost CRJ sales to) Embraer over the last 5 years. But, if corporate lawyers aren't tuned into trade law, and Embraer is, then BBD might just have taken on another gigantic problem. Not that they haven't taken Embraer on in the past. But, if Embraer wishes to call out BBD, then they might as well call out the leaders, Boeing and Airbus, for the same reasons.
BBD will continue to discount, continue to lose money while increasing both sales and market-share. The only thing we're debating here is whether or not BBD can get through the cash flow problem of today, to build the aircraft for tomorrow's delivery and receive payment to strengthen cash flow and strengthen their balance sheet.

I'm not an economist. I'm not an accountant. I'm not even financially smart, but BBD are here for the long run. Despite all factors you like to mention.

Willie