PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 14th May 2016, 19:18
nl_backseater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forward Suspension Bar Anchor Bracket

Letmein said:

I'm surprised that there is no picture yet of the bottom bracket area, either showing it intact, or ripped out of the frame. The front bar appears to be missing.
I believe that this is the most puzzling aspect of the AIBN's release of information so far. It is the last detail yet to be revealed that would give creedance to the otherwise confusing service directive and EASB announced by Airbus Helicopters in the week after the crash. But, as letmein also points out, the AIBN will want to be doubly sure before going down that road.

I'm assuming they have the whole of the transmission deck to examine, albeit with extensive deformation, but the forward sus bar anchor point is either there or it's not. If it is still attached the condition should go a long ways to deducing how the forward suspension bar may have departed the airframe, if in fact that bar is missing.

If the anchor is not with the upper deck I guess the whole theory of a slipped pin becomes a very moot point, and a REDL scenario becomes ever more plausible/probable.

I wish the investigation team godspeed in their efforts.