PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2016, 18:33
FMGEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All

I interviewed a few weeks ago. The info on this thread is spot on and very helpful. Thanks very much to everyone who has contributed.

Some of my thoughts for those that have asked recently:
The 20 technical questions come straight from the FAA ATP questions. There is a great little $10 app in the Apple appstore with all the questions in it. I think its called Prepware?
The sim profile is exactly as in the documentation. I found the B767 very sensitive in pitch (like a car with very light power steering) but very stable in roll. It's also quite slippery and doesn't slow down easily once on the slope. I can definitely recommend flying the sim profile quite a few times, even if its not in a B767. Fitting all of the calls, checks and procedures in in real time the 1st time is quite difficult and I found that even flying it on the computer was helpful. FInally know the pitch and power settings! Not only do the AJX folk seem to like this the settings work. I'm not normally a numbers guy but the settings are accurate to a very close margin.

The medical seems to vary slightly depending on what day of the week you go and which agency you use. A friend and I both used CREW (two weeks apart) but I did a stress ECG and he didn't. And the guy before me didn't do a lung function test at the airport clinic but I did one in town the next day. Otherwise nothing out of the expected.

Overall, I found CREW to be very helpful once they had accepted my application. In Tokyo they were extremely helpful and professional.
The AJX personnel who did the screening were friendly and patient. While there were one or two small language/comprehension problems, overall I didn't find it a big factor.

Good luck to everyone who goes for it.

Last edited by FMGEC; 14th May 2016 at 19:20.