PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 14th May 2016, 07:27
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Your not in Kansas anymore....

babydash 83.

To try and give you some perspective on how the firm views people who change their minds. I personally know cabin crew who were refused leave to go to parents funerals.

Please note it is not a mistake in my use of English that the words above are plural. i.e I know MORE than 1 serving cabin crew member who was not allowed to attend a parents funeral.

Your family emergencies are not relevant to flydubai or anyone working in a capacity to care about your arrival. If you have a start date and you try and delay it you personal worth defines the answer. If you are a type rated Captain, then they will wait. Not too long but they will wait. If you are a type rated FO, then they will wait, not as long as a Capt but a little. If you are a non type rated Captain then they may wait if you have a nice solid few thousand hours in similar i.e A320, etc. If you are a non-type rated FO and you put off your start date then perhaps you will get called this year perhaps your start date will go into file 13.

Forewarned is forearmed. You are going somewhere where nobody gives a monkeys about your problems, you fly the plane you go home or you are just another problem that they have to deal with. Pesky things like family, weather, dangerous goods regs, humanity, reasonability and the law serve only as a framework to ascertain what they can get away with doing.

What they can get away with doing is basically anything. The clue will be that people are dead and NOTHING has changed. That should give you some perspective of how important your family crisis is and will be for them.

Good luck VT

Last edited by Vortex Thing; 16th May 2016 at 14:11.