PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2016, 06:03
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
The new questions are being farmed out all over Europe, at different stages. Most countries should have implemented them by now.

My comments above refer to the new sets of questions that have been written over the past couple of years, so there will be a sprinkling of the old garbage. I know that many of the ops questions have been based on real world experience, and the technical reviewer involved is a very senior instructor with plenty of experience and knows what he is doing. I also know that some of the tech reviewers on the POF side (for helicopters, at least) are questionable, to say the least (one of them asked what "being downwind" meant), but these are appointed by national authorities, not EASA. In the ops case, the UK CAA.

To be fair to the question writers, some of the LOs leave very little to work on, but the new NPA is being announced on the 15th, so there is hope in that area . Now all we have to do is get to work on the questions.

As for source documents, it might help with ops if you actually read Commission Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 rather than rely on the banks.