PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK pilot base in FRA?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2016, 02:37
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Company would leave itself open to clear discrimination if it started offering these individual packages so part time contracts to selected individuals is a non starter in my book.
A clear no.

They already offer different T&Cs to locals, which could be put down as discrimination, but i'd discourage anyone going down that road ....
Instructors have different conditions as well, just as the bounty castle part time jockeys.

If you think that it would be offered to "selected individual", then maybe. But if it would be offered with clear requirements, i would go for 10 years in the company and somewhere above 50, then they'd have the chance of retaining some needed workforce (and experience).

It could go along some win-win conditions like obligation to work on two peak leave months, this could free up leave for regular blokes. They would not have to schedule leave anyway, as it is part of the contract, which makes planning easier. It could go with their desire to streamline their freighter ops by offering this on that fleet etc. etc.

Like almost all aspects of EK operations: If they would put in some brains, there would be a lot of synergy and better ergonomics, but it would imply some win-win ideas .... and we all know who could no longer sleep well if pilots would get even a teeny weeny benefit .....

Last edited by glofish; 14th May 2016 at 03:09.