PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Max Altitude after Diving (Scuba)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2003, 00:38
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crusty Scab! ....what a name!

Thanks for all the advice! Just before the flight I did, I called a divemaster, however as he teaches "tourist"-diving he confirmed the extra careful way and prohibits flying for 12 hours anyway. Period. ....neverminf that coming back to the city they all climb above 500ft. .....but I could not fly there, go and figure.

AFTER the flight (to avoid any "professional"/professional discussions before the flight, I managed to stay below 500ft with a short excursion to 700 - less then 2 minutes...), I gave the divers (who according to them use USNavy tables....) the following list:

http://www.ndc.noaa.gov/pdfs/AscentToAltitudeTable.pdf

As it comes from NOAA it is some "official" table.
The rest of all the advice is very good and for me confirming my own opinion, but as long as it is not official in some way it proofs nothing to "professionals" (besides I do respect their request, as it is them who dive and it is their lives at stake...).
These two guys where out of the water for about 4 hours before getting on the helicopter and according to one off them where at repetetive letter J when completing the dives. The table mentions 1000ft as the first altitude level. I guess below that they will not consider it altitude at all...
This table pretty much confirms all the rest in here!

On the NOAA website one can find everything one needs to know as a pilot about diving+flying.

Thanks again,

3top