PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2016, 16:52
Ascoteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
I don't think that's the case. The current vetting process is quite rigid and I can assure you the new ones wouldn't be there if they weren't within the LOs - the technical reviewer in this case is well up to speed. Are you sure you don't mean "not in the commercial databases"?
All very well, but you'd expect the questions to at least be a) correct and b) representative of the real world. There are plenty of questions where it's nigh-on impossible to find the source document and some which are just plain wrong (and I speak from many years of operating transport aircraft in Europe). There was even a question referenced to the Oxford Aviation School Syllabus, surely an indication of, at worst, endemic corruption, or, at best, an unhealthy level of incestuousness.

It seems to me that question writers are being paid to participate in a game of 'who can unearth the most obscure fact' (rate of air dispensation from a mask, anyone?) instead of focussing on elements which are relevant to operations and, crucially, would be important/essential to know when flying a real aircraft.

Last edited by Ascoteer; 13th May 2016 at 17:04.