PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outlook.pst
Thread: Outlook.pst
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2016, 03:06
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Outlook.pst

I recently wrote that access to my Outlook e-mails had been denied me due to an inability to open Outlook.pst files, and that my I.T man had restored my access, for a charge and without disclosing what he had done.

It happened again yesterday, the scanpst programme ( or whatever it was called)that I found claimed to have scanned all my .pst files and found no errors, but still no luck.

The net result of 1 hour on the telephone to "Microsoft Help" in the Philippines produced no help at all, other than a suggestion that I ditch my current Microsoft Office programme and sign up for an annual subscription to Office 365 for some $120 annually. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, there was nothing wrong with Outlook Express 15 years ago, so why change anything ( I know, I know )

Back to town, and this time my I.T. man fixed the problem within 15 minutes by selecting restart from the start menu, three times in quick succession without attempting to open anything between restarts. He didn't charge me.

His suggestion was to use the "restart" option at least three times, not to "shut down" and then re-boot.

Time will tell, but why is it happening at all ?