PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 11th May 2016, 21:52
roscoe1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dakarman,
(slf= self loading flier??). The problem with speculating to the extent you outline is not that it has no value (all possibilities deserve discussion). It is because there are so many parameters in an accident like this that you have to be willing to accept that although your postulate does make sense, it doesn't take into account the pilot or failure induced reaction of flight controls, gust loading or aircraft attitude at the time of failure or a myriad of other factors that might affect the departure of a massive chunk. There were undoubtedly pieces of MRB missing during the hub's descent and who knows how much or what caused that. Unless someone here knows what the investigators know, I think any of the theories proposed might have pieces of reality. I have seen one tail rotor blade destroyed by a blade strike and the other blade untouched. Anything is possible until you have ruled it out based on all the evidence. ‘Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.’- S. Holmes, who also said ‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.’ and last but not least ‘Having gathered these facts, Watson, I smoked several pipes over them, trying to separate those which were crucial from others which were merely incidental.’ Concentrate on what you have evidence for, not what didn't happen-Me.