PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 800 Pilots.
Thread: 737 800 Pilots.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2016, 20:23
speed_alive_rotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 800 Pilots.

I would like to just ask, or in some questions just clarify a few tech questions regarding the 737 800. I am a rookie and am not type rated so please be patient if some of my questions are a little confused or dare I say a little silly!!

1. ELT location on the 737 800?. I believe it can be turned on from the cockpit by either setting it to manual ON or by arming it to automatic which it will be transmitting if a certain G load is exceeded. And it can obviously work and still transmit in water , but does it have a certain depth cut off?

2. Absolute Ceiling Altitude.
I can see the max service ceiling which is the certified Altitude is 41,000 ft , however the aircraft is capable of climbing higher , and so would I be correct in saying there is a Certified max Absolute ceiling , which would only obviously be tested by flight tests? I do understand the difference between Absolute ceiling and service ceiling but no matter how many sources I check I cant seem to find an absolute ceiling figure.

3. more of a general swept wing question. I understand all the positives of getting a swept wing to stall at the root first and to prevent a wing TIP STALL , however another general question keeps coming up and I am getting a little confused.It is as follows:
Why so important to prevent a stall at the root of a swept back wing??

I would greatly appreciate any feedback possible and would love to get some concrete answers. I don't like to take the easy option and just come on this forum to get quick answers but I have been searching for the above answers for few hours now and because there is such conflicting information on the internet I thought I could get some factual and reliable information here.

Again many thanks to all who can help.
Kind Regards , and safe flying
SAR