PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 11th May 2016, 20:01
dakarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to ask what i hope is not a too obvious question regarding the supposed suspension bar issue, bearing in mind we have already seen the unpleasant video of a mostly intact rotor disk descending on its own.
If the forward suspension bar failed for whatever reason, would this not cause the rotor disk to tilt backwards relative to the body of the helicopter quite possibly at a large angle which would lead almost instantaneously to a loud and brief argument between blades and tail boom which would certainly not leave an intact disk.
Even assuming the mgb took the strain briefly i suspect initially there would be some tilt back then when the epicyclic or whatever failed, the two remaining rear suspension bars would again instantly pull the disk back with the same result.
I dont post often but wondered if this could be clear enough evidence that at least the front suspension rod may not be the cause.
I feel the need to point out that i am not a pilot but a regular slf on these unpleasant machines with a good technical background and strong interest in aviation.