PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2016, 18:41
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe owenc hasn't covered local geography yet for his upcoming GCSEs.

I haven't seen any figures regarding the increase in Gatwick figures but it doesn't take an expert to figure out its going to get a massive boost, no competition from Harbour combined with lots of introductory Ryanair offers plus I would imagine Easy have made their own fares more competitive to match Ryanair as well. The question is who will blink first?

One thing I have found recently using Skyscanner to book flights, its very easy (no pun intended) to have a very flexible return from Aldergrove to London and I think this will be a massive attraction to customers no matter whether business or leisure. Harbour have their work cut out with just two very expensive London options for Heathrow and London City to get anywhere close to both price and choice of flights.

I thought it was interesting that Easy make up 85% of Aldergrove business, thats a very big risk to bring in another airline that will give them such a hard time regardless of how quickly Easy dismiss the threat. I wonder will Ryanair deliver or simply drive passenger figures up but not really contribute significantly to the balance sheet.