PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy Airlines & SlimLine Seats!
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2016, 09:24
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Metro man
Passengers want low fares, they then complain about the cost cutting required to achieve those fares. They then say they will pay a bit more for increased comfort, a couple of inches more leg room and a better quality meal. However next time they book they will choose the cheapest option and continue complaining.
This summarises my own feelings very concisely.

You know, pitch and width isn’t everything. I’ve already referred to IFE and air quality, but another factor is how crowded the cabin is. I find having an empty seat next to me a transformational experience when travelling economy. Give me a cramped seat with an empty space next to me over a couple of inches extra leg and elbow room any day of the week.

Originally Posted by FlightlessParrot
Competition is supposed to be good for customers, not businesses. But this only has a chance to work if the customer has reasonably good information.
Again, we’re so much better off than we were 20 years ago. Seat maps, timetables with equipment types, passenger reviews and more – all are available within seconds.

Originally Posted by chefrp
No one is forcing these airlines to cram extra rows in, they are doing because they are greedy.
Once again, I have to take issue with this. Airlines are businesses, not charities – maximising profit is what they do. There’s absolutely nothing immoral about that. Remember that we, as consumers, also have the right to take our custom elsewhere.