PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Tullamarine, who employs the people who ..... (MORE) ...
Old 11th May 2016, 00:35
meadowrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Told you he was pissed off.

This from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources may have had something to do with it.

4. Pratique

Pratique, in practice, is permission given to an aircraft arriving in Australia to disembark passengers and crew after determining it is free from any illness, death (animal or human), biological material or vectors of quarantine concern.
Aircraft entering Australia currently operate under a system of automatic pratique, which means pratique is deemed to be granted at the time an aircraft arrives.

However, automatic pratique does not apply, and is taken never to have applied, under the following situations:
  1. The commander of the aircraft has given prescribed information in relation to items 2-6 (as listed in section 3 of this document).
  2. The Director of Human Quarantine has given a direction, before the aircraft arrives, that pratique is not taken to have been granted.
  3. A departmental officer advises the commander of the aircraft, before or after the aircraft arrives, that he or she has not satisfied that the aircraft is free from infection.
Departmental officers will meet all aircraft when pratique is not automatically granted. All passengers and crew must remain onboard until pratique is granted by the department or unless authorised by a departmental officer. Failure by a commander of an international aircraft to fulfil pratique requirements is a breach of the Act.

The other stuff is about how the airport is run and the quality and work ethic of their employees. (happens all over the world - minimum wages has a bit to do with it)
For the priority baggage, sounds like the second LD3 to be removed from the aircraft was the first unloaded and the priority bag one, second.

I also fly a lot of stand-by and my personal Zen is activated for the whole
travel episode - door to bloody door. Life's too short.
And a whole six minutes? Give me a break. At six minutes, I'm still in my seat, all organized by that time, waiting for the lines in the aisles to disappear - at that point I stroll down the empty cabin and say a quick thanks and cheerio to the flight crew who are grouped near door 1L.