PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2016, 21:01
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HM Treasury gets the money whichever UK gateway is used.

And they get a lot more when it is a London based airport.
Aside from a waiver for transatlantic services from BFS, APD rates are uniformly levied across the country.

Obviously when the money is coming in the north/south divide is just fine.
What are you talking about?

You obviously cannot comprehend this due to that massive chip on your shoulder about spending in the Capital
I do object to the SE monopolising scarce funding for public transport infrastructure investment. Comprehension doesn't come into it.

Your posts on the Manchester thread show almost a willingness on your part for the government to cancel the northern part of HS2 just so you can keep banging on about the unfairness of it.
You're making it up as you go along again. Please quote any passage in which I have expressed a wish to see HS2 cancelled.

People in the south east really don't care about what goes on at Manchester.
No reason why they should. But based on your postings you clearly do. I consistently have to correct misleading claims made about MAN on this thread by yourself.

Shed, talking to you is like arguing with a child.
Well I'm not the one making wild claims, talking about a "giant chip on the shoulder", attributing all manner of spurious arguments which I've never made to me, and much more. I also don't criticise contributors based on their posting location.

You have repeatedly refused to even acknowledge or do not know that the infrastructure concerned is in need of upgrading now never mind by 2030
Again, you are wrong. I have merely pointed out that a substantial amount of infrastructure around the UK also requires upgrading, and that works required in the vicinity of LHR should take their place in the queue for public funding rather than exuding an air of automatic entitlement ahead of the rest.

You complain about unfair spending in and around London yet one of the outcomes of this project will be easy access to/from the regions for foreign investment.
Long overdue direct investment in regional infrastructure priorities will bring vastly greater benefits in this respect.

None of this matters though as once again that huge chip of yours gets in the way.
Remind me again ... which one of us is being childish?

Why do you keep insisting on using the current setup as a reason not to improve it
I'd be delighted to see them improve it provided that it doesn't require £18Bn in taxpayer funding to achieve.

You missed my point completely.
No, you just disliked me pointing out that NCL-EWR-[US onward city] is preferable to routing via LHR anyway!

Many on here are absolutely fed up of me labouring this point. Few would claim I hadn't done so!
Well on that we can agree
Excellent. So you finally acknowledge that I have argued against LHR R3 solely based upon the magnitude of proposed taxpayer funding.

I am sure you won't be able to not have the last word though so will leave that to you.
I didn't notice you shying away from one-for-one replies?

Hopefully this project will go ahead and we can actually see the benefits throughout the UK.
Hopefully taxpayer funding for infrastructure innovations can at last be spread fairly around regional UK rather than concentrated exclusively in the SE yet again, such that benefits can be directly shared by the whole country.