PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2016, 19:54
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HM Treasury gets the money whichever UK gateway is used.

And they get a lot more when it is a London based airport. Obviously when the money is coming in the north/south divide is just fine.

I think London is a fantastic city and I use Heathrow but it should not be given a potentially massive hand out because we are told it will be the saviour of the UK.
Hallelujah! At last a poster who gets it!
Where has anyone said LHR is the saviour of anything??? It is a ridiculous notion.

It should be given funding because it has the potential to give back an even greater amount. You obviously cannot comprehend this due to that massive chip on your shoulder about spending in the Capital. Your posts on the Manchester thread show almost a willingness on your part for the government to cancel the northern part of HS2 just so you can keep banging on about the unfairness of it.

MAN offers scheduled flights to blah blah blah...

And long may it do so. People in the south east really don't care about what goes on at Manchester. If Heathrow expansion goes ahead then many people in the north won't either.

GOTCHA!!! Remember those archived postings of mine........
Shed, talking to you is like arguing with a child.

You have never once questioned the actual works quoted by Tfl and what they consist of. You have repeatedly refused to even acknowledge or do not know that the infrastructure concerned is in need of upgrading now never mind by 2030. You complain about unfair spending in and around London yet one of the outcomes of this project will be easy access to/from the regions for foreign investment. None of this matters though as once again that huge chip of yours gets in the way.

You seem to harbour a burning hatred of National Express.
Not if that forms the main part of your journey. As a way of just getting to an airport or home after a long flight though I do not think I am alone in dismissing that option.

Correct. Frequent cancellations of the MAN Shuttle, the very slow duplicate security search on arrival at LHR and the stressful terminal transfer process make LHR an undesirable travel choice for me.
Why do you keep insisting on using the current setup as a reason not to improve it. That's like saying the whole northern powerhouse idea should be scrapped because Bradford Interchange is a dump.

If there are enough passengers coming down from Newcastle for a flight to Salt Lake City then an Airline will fly direct. That is supply and demand. Nobody is dictating anything.
But if the cost of making that SLC link happen is a taxpayer contribution of £18Bn, they're better served by flying NCL-EWR-SLC instead. In fact, come to think of it
You missed my point completely.

Many on here are absolutely fed up of me labouring this point. Few would claim I hadn't done so!
Well on that we can agree

And I have been banging on about the better domestic connections too. Therefore I will stop arguing about MAN. I am sure you won't be able to not have the last word though so will leave that to you.

Hopefully this project will go ahead and we can actually see the benefits throughout the UK.