PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just a quick reminder, contracting out of AFPS ends next month.
Old 10th May 2016, 17:37
Strumble Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does British Telecom pay more or less to its company pension scheme members depending on whether they are contracted in or out? Or have I missed the point altogether?

Hi, I do work for BT (please, not British Telecom - that name went out with good old Buzby.) And yes, BT moved those in it's older 'defined benefits' pension schemes back into 'Contracted In' status from being previously 'Contracted Out' when the pension rules changed.
For info, it is possible to work out what your entitlement to the new State Pension is from information on line - but boy, is it hard work to knit it all together.
And as an ex-member of the RAuxAF (now partly rebranded to 'RAF Reserves) it was vastly entertaining when MoD was forced to admit that the base pay for reservists, in common with that for those in regular service, was abated in recognition of the pension contibutions made by 'the employer' (i.e. MoD) - when they've never ever made any such contributions for reservists. Hey ho.