PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy Airlines & SlimLine Seats!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2016, 09:42
chefrp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greedy Airlines & SlimLine Seats!

I recently flew 4 sectors on Qatar. BKK-DOH, DOH-JFK and back JFK-DOH, DOH-RGN...

The flight from BKK was 5hrs on the A380 and was great. In DOH we boarded the brand new A350 for a 14hr trip to JFK... the plane is gorgeous. The main circular entrance amazing, than you step into the Economy cabin. My wife's 1st statement was "the seats are so small!" The FA said oh yes they are... cabin was very well designed...except these seats...they didn't even line up with the aisle numbers above (must have been a late decision). Well we were very lucky, no one sat in our row, or in front of us...maybe the word is out, even so the seats where awful, cramped, no leg room, tight, hard! My wife had really bad problems with swelling in her legs. It was miserable. On the way home we flew one of their older 777's with the 3-3-3 config (which they are switching to 3-4-3). What a difference, I slept the whole way in comfort.

What is with these airlines, so greedy... they are turning record profits and just cram more seats in the planes. Are they safe? And why on super long haul? Oh and one more thing, when someone reclines you have to as well, and still your LCD screen is about 2 inches from your face.....

I use to like Qatar...