PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2016, 08:18
EZY_FR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scorpii
Hi all, been hanging around for quite some time but haven't posted yet. I have a couple of questions.

I have searched the thread, and likely my answer is buried somewhere in the 170+ pages, but can't find it!

1: Is there any indication from past years how long the interview and assessment process will be/has been in past years?
i.e. from the first assessments, through interviews (if successful), to the final stage you have to physically turn up to something.

I am currently living overseas, so would have to take time off work and book flights back to the UK, but ideally would keep this period away from work as short as possible (employer won't be too happy regardless!)

2: In past years, what has been the period between the programme opening for applications and candidates being called up for interviews etc?

Thanks all! Very much appreciate any help and input.
I applied last year and got quite far into the process before I got the chop. I don't recall exactly when I received invites, but I will do my best to hopefully give you a good indicator:
Early March: sent application off to FTE;
March 10th: received invite for fte assessment
March 26th: attended assessment
April 14th: received invite to attend BA assessments.
1st May: attended assessments

I failed after this point, but I know final interviews took place from the 5th to around the 14th (give or take 1 or 2 days). All those who attended the interviews found out their outcome on the 20th May. When compared to Mayday's selection process, you can see that everything took place in a much smaller window.