PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - Again - Pilot jobs site says 400+ working notice
Old 9th May 2016, 12:20
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent 7 years in FR. The sum of all woes is primarily basing. Secondary to that is some of the unnecessary b.s. that the company feels compelled to put its people at the coalfront through. It's muscle flex, directly from the top, and its almost backfired on them more than a few times. Yet the company has deep pockets and does all in its power to cover up the holes. Just when you think there's a real shortage, along come a few wet leases, or they start taking in non rated folk, they scale back on frequency, downsize or close a few bases or even stop FOs from unfreezing their ATPLs until they commit to a CU and make it through to their command check.

They are operationally sound, good at what they do and to many are simply a safe bet. Frustratingly, a lot of things remain completely obscure bar the SOPs and the 5/4 roster, along with the fact that it becomes a 7/2 roster if you are forced to commute. Don't let anything or anyone fool you otherwise. Get your base first and foremost, if you don't it becomes a real ballache. I don't miss it however I know those who are happy. Needless to say, their state of happiness seems to be in a constant swing.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 9th May 2016 at 12:38.