PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Sgt RMA Levis died 11 Jan 42, 210 Sqn RAF
Old 9th May 2016, 11:46
airborne_artist
Red On, Green On

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Pprune success story of the first order - without the valuable input of XH175 there might not have been this happy and well-deserved ending.

______

So the story has now reached its conclusion and a certain amount of closure to the life and times of Flt Sgt Ron Levis, with the inclusion of his name on the Singhenydd War Memorial has at last happened.
It is still a mystery why his name was originally left off, however the theory from his living family is that his father was so destroyed by the death of his youngest child, that he did not want to see his sons name on the memorial, as he walked past it every day.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
Report this image

The Abber Valley Heritage trust organised a full monty ceremony for Ron complete with the help of Caerphilly council. An RAF section and a wing commander, also a brigadier from the Army was also present. About a hundred people where also behind where we sat.

Report this image

There was also a full male voice choir singing the Bread heaven song
and the airmens hymn, that made you hair stand on end, sounded amazing.
Report this image

His story was read out in its entirety mentioning his relationship with my mother and also the vzi forum where they found a lot of valuable information that had not been discovered before it was investigated.
ITV Wales where also there filming the event and this should be aired very soon, so i will try and put that edition on here when i get it.

Once again thank you to everyone who has participated in this amazing post. When i opened the post back in 2012 i had absolutely no idea of what it would turn into. I would also like to thank the Levis family who gave me such a warm welcome into a part of their family history, that neither of us where aware of.