PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part NCC Stuff
Thread: Part NCC Stuff
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 11:04
Someflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaver,

Don't shoot the messenger here, but TIMU, Pace and many others are raising a genuine concern which deals with the legality of the process we are now facing.

At the end of the day, the European court will act upon the laws and rules published by the parliament and not by statements or intentions of a single or several MEP's.

I do recognize the authority of the MEP in question and her intentions to do the right thing but as an old instructor once told me "If it ain't written in the regs, It doesn't exist !" You can bring her emails to the poor pilots trial who just got caught flying only on his 3rd country license, and
you will see the judge throwing it out of the window because for him, it's like a note from your mother allowing you to play with your friends in the garden. He can not (and will not) make any ruling based on exchange of emails.

You can argue at the end of the day that these regulations are limiting our livelihood and therefor our human rights and ability to work, that is a completely different issue which if tackled correctly in court will probably bring the right results.

As for our friends from the FAA, the latest I hear is that they are confused by this matter. They are talking to EASA as the representing body of Europe, but now, every state is taking her own interpretation to these stupid regulations they don't know who they are suppose to clear this matter with.

It also looks like the UK CAA and the DGCA are deliberately trying to shoot down the attempts for 3rd country CPL/ATPL license holders Bi-lateral agreement which will probably mean several people loosing/changing jobs (we know how fond of that government employees are) so we are also looking at internal childish power struggles.

I said my piece, I will probably be off soon to Asia for a contract. I hope there I will be away from this European hornet nest that is bubbling so nicely lately.