PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regarding Cambridge Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2003, 18:15
pickers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a shame to note an element of discontent amongst the light aviation fraternity at Cambridge. Twopence worth from an ex instructor at the CAC:

The 152 weight issue has been a legitimate source of concern and discussion for some while amongst the instructor cadre at Cambridge, it certainly was during my tenure between 1999 and 2001, so people can be assured that the decision to change the constitution of the fleet can not have been precipitate.

Cambridge Aero Club is an integral part of Marshal Aerospace, but operates as an independant and self sufficient comercial entity, paying market rates for the services it receives from Cambide Airport; to the extent that when the Aztec needed its refit in 2000, it had to be done at Southend, because the Marshal quote was too expensive. The C.A.C. certainly had no control over Hangar 1 or the employment of refuelers whilst I was in their employ.

Unless the personalities have changed drastically over the past couple of years ( I regret I have been poor at keeping in touch!), instruction at the CAC represents extremely good value for money given the experience/ qualification bracket of the instructors there. If it gets slightly more difficult booking a slot at the weekend - stick with it. I would recommend the school to anybody.

Best wishes to all that remember me and no - I'm not trying to get my old job back!