PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX loses another trainer
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 08:19
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
I believe every parent has the duty to support their children, mother and father. However if the ex has already got the house, the cost of supporting the children is not that high. The ex should be required to pay 50% of the cost of raising the children. As an Air Canada captain herself she is not short of coin.

Everyone knows you cannot stop paying a child support order if you disagree with it. The father is clearly at fault here. But looking at the sums of money involved for "child support" it is obvious that numerous families could be supported with the sums involved.

Everyone also knows you cannot make false claims to a court, it is clear the mother is also at fault here. It looks like she was trying any means to destroy him.

I think the courts in Hkg have it wrong saying he was a resident based upon the mailing address for the Hkg Ird being the work address. You don't reside at the employers address.

I think it's fraud to demand more money than the cost of the children's needs and reasonable upkeep of the house.

In order for the court not to impose and unjust and inappropriate level of support, the order should have been based upon the reasonable costs of raing the children and upkeep of the home rather than guessing the fathers income.

I don't know the guy, but in my book an order to pay over $100,000 a year in child support which is tax free for the payee is excessive and unreasonable. Considering the average wage in Canada which residents are required to pay tax on is $49,000.

I feel sorry for the guy, and anyone else that has a child support order awarded that is far in excess of reasonable costs. The system is broken.