PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part NCC Stuff
Thread: Part NCC Stuff
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 08:06
Beaver100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T.I.M.U. The current wording of the link that you previously posted I suggest has been incorrectly interpreted by the UK CAA, so if unchanged would need at least national level court intervention.
Coupled with that we have signed email statements from the MEP's who actually approved the derogation in their own words to apply to all EU countries, all EU airspace and all remunerated (or not) third country licenced pilots. I don't think it would be wise to ignore what they have stated.

It is absolutely imperative that this is cleared up as the MEP's quite rightly meant this derogation to mean something else entirely to your link or the UK CAA, their emails do have legal merit.

As for your other comments about pilots of third country aircraft I don't believe that is the case at all. They are all flying legally with the licences or validations of their state of aircraft registry. They have a right to question and challenge interventions to their livelihood, especially when those interventions from an unelected body (EASA) are vague, incorrectly written compared to EU policymakers statements and are ultimately against the human rights and employment laws of those professional pilots