PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eithad 30 injured, broken bones, air turbulance
Old 8th May 2016, 16:05
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
If you are going to quote me, please do it properly. I said "Only idiots undo it while seated." I have no problem with somebody going to the loo or stretching their legs. If you are seated and you don't have your belt on, you are an idiot.

So you have evidence everyone on this flight was seated without belt on? Please share. Otherwise, why the rush to judge? When plane crashes we don't all rush to judge the pilots without shred of evidence, so why blame the pax here. People got in a plane expecting to get sonewhere and got hurt badly,that's a shame. Crew too, just doing their jobs.

Ours do: "in case of unexpected turbulence". If that frightens people, they need to toughen up.
If you are going to quote me please do it properly. I actually said '
Airlines give a generic recommendation to keep your belt fastened, but do not make the threat at all clear, just a line about 'in case of unexpected turbulence'. People think that just means a few bumps'.

Most people don't fly often and have no idea how bad turbulence can be. Airlines choose not to tell them, and frankly, people seee cabin crew carrying out service and not surprisingly make the assumption all is OK. I imagine when crew are told to sit down most people strap up, I would agree anyone who doesn't then is an idiot.

As someone noted, planes will hit turbulence, people will get hurt. If it's a big plane long haul crew could be 20+ people, so it is easy to get a lot of people injures with only a few pax moving around. Likely most injured pax were up for perfectly good reason.