PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eithad 30 injured, broken bones, air turbulance
Old 8th May 2016, 08:04
mgahan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOT EVEN ON TAXI

Ozsync,

In the ME and Asia, to my vast experience as a pax in both regions over the past decade and a half, the cabin team will only intervene when pax unbelt and stand up during the taxi after landing if some idiot like me yells, "Sit down you mob!".

Even that did not work yesterday on the Doha/Dubai flight. We stopped momentarily well away from the gate and before we did the last 90 degree turn on to the gate. 80% - I kid you not - of the economy cabin were on their feet and opening lockers. After 14 hours Montreal/Doha and a messy transit (bloody security idiots again) and knowing full well I was going to miss Happy Hours(s) at the Shang I was in a foul mood so I said a little more than usual.

Totally ignored!! It was like speaking logically to a well known Australian aviation expert.

Oh, and I agree with Blogs: seated pax with seat belts undone are idiots and probably have an IQ less than the midday temperature in Montreal last week.

Plan A is to make up for the lost HH yesterday when I go to the 41st floor this afternoon.