PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 8th May 2016, 07:48
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Apate
Forget the AH and DGAC noise, they are simply covering their backsides and are totally untrustworthy. The stakes a very high and they are trying to save a product line here.
Hmm, although I still wouldn't bet any money on either cause (suspension bar vs. Gearbox vs. anything else) I can't really follow this reasoning.
How would all of this help if one week later it comes out it was indeed a gearbox failure?
Do you think deliberately deceiving people to gain just one or two weeks would help longterm sales of the 225? Do you buy your 20Mio$ stuff just upon sentiment of the week?
Do you assume exactly this week someone will buy 20 AH225 when he wouldn't have done so if it wasn't declared safe to fly again by the Manufacturer? I don't see how this would help the 225 in the long term. The cause will be found and that will then be the basis for the future. Assumption of the week is meaningless.

Again: What is the benefit of re-assuring yourself it was a certain cause when the experts are still digging through the wreckage. And until we really know the cause from the investigators it might be a good idea to keep the 225 on the ground or at least stick closely to the EASA Safety Bulletin.