PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preparing for the inevitable
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2016, 22:42
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you believe anything that comes out of the propaganda machines (or the occasional sad "I just lost my dog" photos that we get from time to time from various people) before they actually happen, once again I have plenty of clear titles to various bridges I'd be happy to sell you.

As far as the rest, the economic storm and zombie apocalypse has been advertised as just around the corner for decades. Never seems to happen--at least when everyone thinks it will. And when SOMETHING does happen, it always comes from left field and is missed by all the 'experts.'

I'd probably wait for a few of the actual undead to show up before I start making plans for heading off to the bunker. Better to simply enjoy the day and leave the day after tomorrow for someone else to worry about.

Now if you are sacrificing the good things in life--including time spent with loved ones--to 'get ahead' or 'go the extra mile' at work, I WOULD suggest an adjustment in your priorities might well be in order. You don't get back any of the time you waste in your life.

And if aviation IS your passion, you might be in the wrong place and might want to have a look at a few other options. At least for the time being. Hopefully this can change, but I'm personally not going to hold my breath.

SLS ?!!? Now THAT's gotta be a wind up. I don't see how even the most die-hard entrenched charm school graduate manager could say THAT with a straight face after the past few years.

Last edited by Shep69; 7th May 2016 at 23:14.