PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floating grab bag
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2016, 16:32
peregrineh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetscream, Bosseye and Pontius - thank you all very much for your advice. It has been noted. I have bought one of those beacons that two of you recommended - certainly makes sense to have it on you and I will attach it to my life jacket or something like that. I am now interested in a few other things - I am amazed by how small rafts are. My father has a piper Dakota and one could certainly fit on the back seat - any recommendations for those? Regards immersion suits - I always hear people flying in the North Sea using them particularly in the Atlantic crossings. However I have been at LFAT enough and never seen anybody clamber out of a PA28 in one. So I would appreciate your advice and as to which one to look at - are they all hugely bulky? And lastly I read a ditching article in Pilot a few years ago and meant to do the course - could you remind me where to do it - is it Southampton from memory. Many thanks to you all - I am currently out on lake como flying seaplanes!!! Highly recommend it!