PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eithad 30 injured, broken bones, air turbulance
Old 7th May 2016, 16:15
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh good, a turbulence video, this gives us pilots a chance to learn about avoiding...ahh sod that lets just blame the pax.

I never understand the lack of empathy for people who get seriously hurt in turbulence. Firstly as most people (surveys say 70% or so) are nervous about flying, such an experience would be utterly terrifying. Then, whatever time of flight, there will always be some
Pax up for bathroom etc. This was near top of descent, normally more are up then doing last bathrooms breaks.

Furthermore, on some airlines, they seem to keep the belt sign on the entire flight, whatever the conditions. This is why pax dont take it seriously. Obviously they have to get up some time (i believe the in flight magazine tells us to move around to avoid dvt).

Lastly, i would love to know how many of the seat belt fanatics wear a belt in taxis/buses. given that people are constantly told flying is the safest form of travel, and given no clear warning why they should keep their belt on (if you want oax to wear it show them what happens in CAT, most people have bo idea!) of course they dont wear it. And of course a pilot even takes it off if he's flying non-rev and needs the facilities near TOD.

People got hurt, it's the pilots job to avoid that if at all possible. As humans i'd hope your first instinct would-be sympathy.