PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2016, 10:16
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawker 800
James,

And what may I ask is your experience in flight instruction? Your statement is quite worrying. Don't you think that these things (core elements of IFR flight) should be taught AND examined on an IRT?

In your infinite wisdom what would you put it down to, as it would appear they do not teach NDB? That's setting yourself up for failure.

Just saying...

From another thread on this forum. Not my quote.
As many posters have said,Bartolini do seem yo teach this.
No experience in flight instruction whatsoever, but as your quote says, if you want to be employed, put the work in. People may laugh at using FSX as a training tool, but regardless of the physics aspects you can use it to practice procedures. If I can teach myself to follow VOR/NDB/DME/ILS using my PPL books, FSX and a little web research, surely someone who is actually studying their IR would be able to ask to be shown/discover for themselves? Wouldn't that make them a better pilot? As well as showing some initiative. Ignore me by all means but why do people feel the need to be spoon fed learning? That's more worrying that someone expects to be in charge of 200 peoples lives without the ability to think for themselves, just saying......