PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another eswap limitation!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2016, 02:22
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PMASHA's statement has to be a new high watermark in arrogant hypocrisy.

To suggest that pilot's swaps are responsible for the rampant fatigue in EK is beyond ludicrous. Point one: swaps are - as detailed extensively in other discussions - subjected to mountains of first regulatory restrictions, and then secondly, a litany of unpublished, secret restrictions concocted by the company for their sole benefit (in some cases, I suspect, out of petty vindictiveness. Hello, AAR, TCAS). Those restrictions are of course, promptly discarded when doing do benefits the company.

So if a swap is legal under these ridiculous conditions, how, dear PMASHA, do you find the pilot responsible for swapping himself into something fatiguing? Or are you admitting that the rules themselves, the same ones used to CREATE the rosters, induce fatigue? Oops, didn't think of that in your zeal to blame the victims.

Point two: One of reasons given for the restrictions on strings of days off, is that the resulting compression of flying hours in the remaining days would be fatiguing. Yet in months where leave is taken, i.e. longer than average strings of days off, the company manages to compress a completely disproportionate number of hours into the remaining days worked. In many cases what would be a normal month's flying at a reasonable airline is still flown in a couple of weeks at Emirates. This makes their claims hypocritical lies, and the policy, simple theft. I submit there is no such thing as "leave" at EK, they should really change the terminology to what is is: simple Guaranteed Days Off (GDO).

PMASHA, I'm sorry, but you "dug your own grave yourself" on this one. If you're going to shill for the company you have to produce at least some shred of truth. It makes for a more powerful lie, remember?