PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Violation of CAD 371 by Air Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2016, 00:43
Andy18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Violation of CAD 371 by Air Hong Kong

Hello colleagues, I wish to share my communication with CAD regarding one subject we know is very important to all of us and need very serious approach to find a solution.

My e-mail to CAD (only important part):

“15.6 Crew members employed on regular “overnight” duties may, subject to the following conditions, operate a block of 5 FDP’s on up to 5 consecutive LNP’s which encroach upon the LNP:
15.6.2 The FDP must not exceed 8 hours, irrespective of the sectors flown.”
I will appreciate very much your answer to my following question:
Why AHK is allowed by CAD to roster pilots to fly more than 8 hours during
night, in violation of CAD 371?
Thank you very much,

Andy M.

CAD reply:

Dear Mr Andy,

Thank you for your email.

The CAD371 (2nd Edition) provides the standard provisions to be included in an airline's Flight Time Limitation Scheme (FTLS) for CAD's consideration and approval. Provision has been included in Section 6 for airlines to apply for variations to these standard provisions to allow their FTLS best suit their type of operations.

AHK applied for the variation and approval of their FTLS in 2010. One of the variations included the omission of the provision 15.6.2 in the CAD371 2nd Edition). CAD reviewed and accepted the justifications provided by AHK. In addition, AHK reported that their pilots had been individually consulted concerning the then proposed AHK FTLS. The aforementioned variation was therefore approved in 2011.