PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA Board 2016
Thread: PA Board 2016
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2016, 18:40
SVK

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Obviously this is a rumour site but rumours I've heard:

The board has sat so perhaps news may start filtering through from tomorrow or early next week?

It won't simply be a case of offering PA to anyone and everyone who is eligible.

I believe Manning are trying to target PA to those who they deem worthy - although I have no clue as to any criteria.

My personal view is that those pilots who will be leaving for the airlines won't want to tie themselves into the Air Force for any longer than absolute necessary. This means that Manning now has to separate those that remain;
'Lifers' - who have genuine reasons to want to stay and are happy to stay till retirement.

'Losers' - who won't get a job anywhere else and are happy to hide away in a quiet backwater and simply take the money.

And finally, the 'Inbetweeners' - who want another 5yrs to build up hours / type ratings and then poke off as soon as their PA ROS is up.

The difficulty comes as Manning also need to try and keep the A2 QFIs, future Sqn Uncles and the vast experience of some senior Flt Lts / Sqn Ldrs.

No, I don't have any answers.