PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain Marion Kazubski
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2016, 08:51
CALLYPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble is that the people you need to talk to have gone. My best contact for this passed away last year aged 90. He sat through the trial or hearing when Kazubski was explaining why he loaded the life rafts in the hold of his trans Atlantic Constellation in order not to take out that extra row of seats. I met him only once in about 1965. He was not in a good mood, since he had just stepped out of a slightly trashed taxi together with the current 'Miss World'. They had shared from a local hotel to Dan Air's traffic/ramp office LGW. His Connie was operating as BEA ( British East Africa....cheeky ), and I was an Argonaut F/O flying Miss world to an RAF station somewhere up the A1 in order for her to open a new supermarket. I recall Marion K being a bit grumpy. Pity, because at that time my Polish house-mate, also had been a comrade in arms, having escaped from both the Germans and Russians to join the RAF, and they had known each other. Kazubski was a bit scratched and bruised so wasn't really interested in unnecessary conversation. Miss world, I recall was wearing a few tiny spots of unscheduled powdered glitter from the taxi's glass window and her minder/carer/agent lady meanwhile was busy dabbing the girl's visage with a wet hanky or similar. We went our separate ways, and I can report only a missed opportunity to engage with a person of maverick Skytramp royalty. The only other thing I remember from that day was a generous invitation to lunch in the Officers Mess. Our small company ( all self-employed on contract ) had only ever one male cabin crew member.....he swished ahead of us into the mess dining room with his cap on.......the shame...